This 3 evening class makes it easy to understand Lightroom so you can organize, edit and find all your photos. We'll help you work through all the steps in storing, editing, finding and sending ....in short, organizing your photos. We will show you how to get your photos organized even if you have thousands of photos in a folder or if you already have some of your photos organized.
This workshop will be done online so you can sit in your home in front of your computer, and learn how to turn your photos from chaos to a clean, organized collection.
What is a Workflow in Digital Photography?
A photography workflow is an end-to-end system of working with digital images, from the moment you press the shutter to the time you send them to friends and family or to the printer or post it to Facebook or Instagram. Digital workflow is made up of a series of steps to simplify getting the photos out of the camera and into a place where you can sort, organize and find them. Workflow is about solving the Now what? problem all photographers have after they fill up a memory card.
This workshop is all about making it simple. A well designed workflow process will help you speed up the process of working with images and will also allow you to stay organized. A good workflow will help you find that long lost photo of your kids, your trips, your best photos or that once-in-a-lifetime moment.
This workshop will be online, live, using an easy to use online teaching website. There will be lots of time to answer questions and get one-on-one help. And...each session will be recorded so you can watch it later!
Over 3 nights you will learn all you need to turn that pile of digital photos into and organized, findable, sharable collection.
Some of what you will learn:
- Storing images
- Importing images
- Editing the great the good and the not so good
- How to keyword and find your photos now and 20 years from now
- Organizing and sorting images
- Post-processing images (including colour calibration)
- Exporting images
- Backing up images
- Tweaking the look of your photos- colour, saturation, sharpness, contrast, presets, etc.
- Printing or publishing images to the web, books and others
Some of the things we will discuss:
- Understanding Copyright and Watermarks
- How to design your own personal digital workflow
- How to organize all the photos you have taken- even 15 years ago
- All the Lightroom tools and settings
- RAW vs JPEG Image Quality
- The Effects of Compression
- RGB Color 8 Color Depth and File Sizes
- Adjusting an Image’s Tonal Range
- Adjust Hue, Saturation and Lightness
- Sharpening an Image
- Understanding Histograms
- How to share using FB, Instagram, etc
Where ONLINE LIVE (and recorded)
Date November 6th, 13th and 20th
Price $149 (Inc. GST)